So you can soar like the eagle!
The Mentor Academy Program at St Columban’s College is designed to assist you in achieving all of your goals (academic and beyond). We understand that the demands on a teenager can be tough and that managing time and workloads can be stressful.
Through the Mentor Academy Program we will work with you to assist in planning and managing training and study loads and assist in communicating with your classroom teachers in times of high demand.
Together Everyone Achieves More.
Take time for you...
Being busy requires you to plan your time and within this it is important to always allow some time for you. Having some ‘down time’ is essential to maintain your physical and mental wellbeing. Your body needs time to rejuvenate so ensuring that you spend some time on activities you find enjoyable and relaxing is important.
Looking after yourself is about developing lifestyle habits that enable you to manage your life so that you can have the best of everything. This means eating properly, getting enough sleep, stretching and listening to your body.
Practice doesn’t make Perfect… PERFECT PRACTICE makes PERFECT!
Helping you chase your dreams...
When things are getting hard it is important to remember that nothing worth doing is ever easy. As Jesse Owens famously said “We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline and effort.”
Everything you do has a purpose and is to achieve a goal. The MAP coordinator is here to help ensure that you can always see that goal regardless of how far away it may seem.
“There comes a point of no return, where you have labored so long, sacrificed so much you can’t turn back. You must reach your goal and trample on anyone who tries to stop you.” – Herb Elliott
What MAP can do for YOU!
With the guidance and assistance of the MAP Coordinator the Mentor Academy Program will work to assist you in managing your time, commitments and academic workload.
The Mentor Academy Program Coordinator can assist you to:
- Devise and implement study timetables (generally to mange time commitments or specifically around exam time)
- Provide links to assistance with classwork (accelerating prior to absences or catch up after returning to school)
- Plan for assignments (or put you in touch with the right people to do so)
- Manage assessment deadlines (especially if there are upcoming absences that may impact on exam or assignment dates)
The St Columban’s Mentor Academy Program will only work for you as much as you allow it to do so. To get the most from the program and the assistance being afforded to you there are a few responsibilities that you must adhere to:
- Inform the Mentor Academy Program Coordinator of all upcoming competitions/ events
- Inform the MAP Coordinator of your results after a competition/event
- Communicate absences to the MAP coordinator and your classroom teachers (the MAP coordinator can assist with teacher communication if you need/ wish)
- Inform the MAP coordinator if and when you feel you are struggling with managing your training and work schedule.
- Seek assistance when required.
Mentor Academy Program Coordinator